Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 15: Mysterious Ways

So . . . I'm a bad blogger. But, within reason, I have been busy at work which is where I do most of my blogging . . . which makes me a bad employee . . . but there's a lot of downtime since we're not in production . . . and sometimes I just want to do stuff other than stare at a dataset.

In the span of ten days, it seems that I've acquired a new relationship status. Well . . . I think I have . . .maybe? Still in the early days. If anyone had asked me last month if I thought I would be where I am now, I'm almost certain that I would proudly declared the continuation of my spinster like ways of critiquing my favorite television shows, baking, and laughing at random gifs on the internet. New era, new definition of spinster (forever alone).

The funny thing is, it's a refreshing experience to have to think about someone else again. Yeah, we think about our friends and family when we make our decisions (at least I think we do?) but in a relationship, particularly a new one, there's a lot about learning the likes and dislikes of the other person. We have to know their habits, show them ours, and hopefully find a middle ground to make things work. The tricky part to mine is that we work in the same office, under the same supervisor. Not quite the Jim and Pam of the Census Bureau, but really, is it even possible for there to be another "Jim and Pam"??? I'm not sure if there really was a moral to this entry other than to give a status update and to say again that I fully intend on keeping up with this blog (and keeping things short and sweet). Think about how your day went today and think back to 10 days before, are things more or less the same? Or have you transcended into an alternate version of yourself? You might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment